Monday, March 1, 2010

Ditching cable (part 5)

I haven't done anything new on the existing issues, but thought I'd write about the costs to this point:

Hauppauge HVR-1250$50
NVidia GeForce 9400 GT$50
Windows 7 Home Premium$0 (thanks to a friend)
1GB RAM$40
PlayOn$30
Digital antenna$30
Power Phone Shipping$15
Second digital antenna$70
Digital->Analog converter box$40


I did purchase a 32" LCD digital TV for $350, but could have easily just gotten a converter box for $40. So, there's $310 of unnecessary expense there. Additionally, I can get my second antenna for about half of the $70 I paid somewhere else. I need to do a return/purchase of that.

I need to take back my $70 antenna and $40 analog converter box, get two antennae and a different converter box. My basement TV has no tuner in it, but is digital ready. The box I got is actually an analog converter. I also need to get a Roku box for down there.

No comments: