Sunday, May 30, 2010

Why am I not in the Tea Party?

I've found myself over the last 18 months of its rise, apathetic toward the Tea Party movement. With the primary victory of Rand Paul, I've actually thought about the party for the first time.

Here's what I found for the mission statement on the Tea Party Patriots website:

Tea Party Mission Statement

It sounds like what I believe. So, why can't I jump on board immediately?

I think it's because of the reason I've been apathetic toward them all along. It seems like it's the same drones that have been following right wing talk radio for years. I'm not convinced that they really believe or understand what the movement is saying. I also think it may be because the left has been successful in their propaganda and smear campaign. This is to the extent that I don't really want to be associated with "those kind of people" like those teabaggers.

I'll have to stew on this one a little.

No comments: